If you ask how to make money online, you’re generally going to hear one of two things. You’re going to hear people telling you that you can’t make money online. That all the good topics and business models are taken up. However, that’s untrue.
You’re also going to hear people who will promise you that you can make millions online. While that is true for many, it’s not common. What is true about making money online is that anything is possible, and it’s quite likely that you can make a very comfortable living doing something that you love. So here’s the lowdown on how to make money online.
What Makes Money Online?
There are a few basic business models that generally achieve a good deal of success online. They include:
* Information marketing – Information is sold online, generally about a specialty topic.
* Membership marketing – Profit is made by selling memberships and selling advertising space.
* Service provider – Profit is made by providing a service. For example, virtual assistants provide administrative services online.
* Retailer or ecommerce – Profit is made by selling a product online.
* Affiliate marketing – Profit is made by promoting the products or services of others and earning a commission.
There are a few things these five business models have in common. They all operate online – that’s a given because we’re talking about online business. They also all need people to visit their website in order to survive. How do they get people to their website?